Adobe Reader is a free program launched by Adobe to open PDF documents. You will find PDF of wide variety like files, images, text document, books, forms or a combination of any of these. But many factors block the opening of PDF file through Adobe Reader. A damaged PDF file can’t be repaired using Adobe but you can re-create a PDF if you have source file. The reason vary for this issue, you can take help from an expert to fix the problem by dialing toll free Adobe Support Number UK. Although, first take a look at following methods as you might find the solution here:
Problem in Opening PDF on Browser
- Right click the link to the PDF file and choose the appropriate Save or Download option according to your Browser:
- Save Link As (Google Chrome/Firefox)
- Save Target As (Internet Explorer)
- Your Adobe Acrobat Document should be selected and then save file.
- Double click your saved file to open it.
How to Update Reader or Acrobat?
Updating the latest patch of Adobe Reader might resolve this issue.
- Open the Reader or Acrobat and select Help.
- Then click on Check for updates. In the updater dialog box click yes.
- The update will automatically install. Once it is finished restart your computer.
Repair Damaged Reader or Acrobat
- Click the “Start” button and go to “Control Panel”. Then do one of the following as per your Windows version:
- Window 10/8/7: Click Programs and then go to Programs and Features.
- Windows XP: Double tap on Add/Remove Program.
- Look for Adobe Reader/Adobe Acrobat in the list and click Change.
- Then follow the on screen instructions to repair the application then click Finish.
Remove and Reinstall the Software
- To uninstall Creative Cloud App:
- Click on Creative Cloud icon and then click Apps to display a list of installed apps.
- Then hover your mouse on the app that you want to uninstall, you will see a gear icon, click it and choose uninstall.
- To uninstall Reader and Acrobat you can use Control Panel, and their go to your app and click on remove/uninstall.
- Then go to Adobe Reader download page and click Download.
- Once the download is completed, follow the prompts to install the program.
- To reinstall Acrobat you can use the downloaded setup or DVD.
How to check if the Windows Recognizes the PDF?
- Right click your PDF and choose open with.
- Then go to Choose Default program/Choose another app.
- Then Choose Reader/Acrobat and select one of the following as per your windows version:
- Windows 7 or Earlier: Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.
- Windows 8: Use this app for all .pdf files.
- Windows 10: Always use this app to open .pdf files.
- Click Ok.
If all the above solutions doesn’t resolve the problem then you must be having other issue with your PDF like password protection, your PDF is suspicious, PDF is created with non Adobe product and many other such reasons. To troubleshoot such issues you might need proper assistance. Please get in touch with one of our technician at Adobe Contact Number UK and we will diagnose the cause and then serve with resolution.